Why work at DRG?
DRG Chartered Accountants has been working with individuals and businesses for over 50 years. Based in Maidenhead and London, with our sister firm in Dorchester, we provide a full suite of advisory, accountancy, outsourcing and taxation services to a client base ranging from individuals and start-ups to multimillion turnover UK and international entities.
We are a close-knit team that takes great pride providing a personal, outstanding service for our clients.
- Delight our clients
We never want our people to stop caring, to always to go that extra mile and to deliver a fantastic, personal service to our clients.
- Challenge themselves
DRG is growing rapidly and we like to promote from within. We aim to recruit people who want to push themselves, to grow in their roles and be happy to take on new responsibilities.
- Enjoy being part of the DRG team
DRG is a fun place to work with a warm and friendly working culture.
We are always keen to hear from talented people. Please do get in touch, if you would like to discuss career opportunities at DRG.
Whilst we are sad to say goodbye to our people, we understand the need to move on. But we enjoy keeping in touch – so our Alumni are invited to some of our social events, including the Annual Summer Party.
Tax Manager - Maidenhead Berkshire
We are looking for Tax Manager, based in our Maidenhead office.
- Preparation of tax returns and tax repayment claims and related working papers
- Providing ad hoc/ planning advice to clients on tax matters
- Liaise with clients/HMRC by post, email and phone
- Assisting with other ad-hoc assignments in relation to the financial affairs of clients
- Liaising with external advisors as required
- Be responsible for billing clients
- Manage work load and be efficient in time keeping
- Assisting partners with tax advisory work including approaching external providers to provide exceptional advice.
- Working with a wide range of clients across many sectors including property development, technology and food and beverage.
- Ideally it would be someone who has tax experience with owner managers but also has corporation tax experience with larger SME corporates and subsidiaries of larger groups.
- Experience of dealing with EMI, R&D, SEIS /EIS would also be good
- Look after your own portfolio of clients to assist in all tax matters including compliance to advisory
- Manage a small tax team
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working in a tax focused role
- ACA and CTA qualifications may be useful but are not essential - practical experience is also important
- Strong personal tax experience is essential, corporation knowledge is also expected.
- Good understanding of CCH tax software package
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Team player and a good sense of humour
- A great opportunity for someone who wants an opportunity to fast track their tax career and be given an opportunity to take on more responsibility
- In time this role could provide you with an opportunity to reach partner level and acquire some equity should the candidate wish to reach that level in the future.
We will pay a very competitive salary for the right person and we offer good benefits to all employees. We also support our employees with lots of in house and external training and support.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to Recruit@donaldreid.co.ukReception Duties
Trainee Chartered AccountantStart Date: Summer / Autumn 2020, but can be flexible
We are looking to recruit a new trainee to join our expanding accounts and audit team at our Maidenhead office. The start date would be flexible for the right applicant but is be likely to be in Summer / Autumn 2020.
Working within the Donald Reid Group accounts and audit team offers a varied and broad experience which will offer a good grounding for a successful career. Our trainees work with a wide variety of clients from many different sectors and will also gain experience in each of our departments.
As part of their training contract, the successful applicant will receive paid study leave and tuition for their ICAEW exams, as well as being provided with on the job experience required for qualification as a Chartered Accountant. The role is suitable for either a school leaver or a graduate, with a very strong academic record.
As the job is client facing, applicants should be able to demonstrate good inter-personal skills, as well as a hard-working attitude and a commitment to success. To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to Recruit@donaldreid.co.uk