The capital gains tax (CGT) exemption for gains made on the sale of your home could be one of your most valuable reliefs during your lifetime.
Read this fact sheet on "Capital Gains Tax and the Family Home" to find out more about:-
- Which types of property qualify for this exemption?
- Selling land separately
- If you have more than one residence
- How to claim Principle Private Residence Relief
- New reporting and payment requirement effective 6th April 2020
- Using your home for business – how will it affect the Capital Gains Tax exemption when you sell?
- Residential letting relief
- Periods of absence
If you would like to discuss Capital Gains Tax and other tax issues, please do get in touch with the DRG team of tax specialists.
DISCLAIMER: This information is for guidance only, and professional advice should be obtained before acting on any information contained herein. We will not accept any responsibility for loss to any person as a result of action taken or refrained from in consequence of the contents of this publication.